What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a safe, natural and holistic alternative for resurfacing the skin. Instead of using aggressive machines, it uses micro needles to injure the skin, causing it to heal naturally, boosting your own collagen to renew and revitalize your skin.
There may be some slight bleeding with the process, which is temporary, and some mild discomfort during the procedure. Topical anesthetic cream is used to make the treatment more tolerable.
What does Microneedling with RF and PRP treat?
- Helps to build collagen (firming and toning)
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Smooths acne scars (pitting, large pores, etc)
- Surgical Scars
- Hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Helps with growth factors
Why does Radio Frequency and Vacuum Technology Matter?
Our treatment uses micro needles and radio frequency with vacuum suction technology, which allows us to penetrate the radio frequency energy deep into the dermis to create a thermal effect. This thermal effect causes an instant contraction to the fibrous septa and derma, which boosts your own natural collagen and elastin production, causing your own body to create continuous results over the next 3-6 months.
What is PRP and why is it beneficial?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy accelerates the healing in a specific area by using the infusion of concentrated platelets harvested from the patient’s own blood. PRP contains two elements. The plasma, (the liquid part of the blood) and the platelets. The platelets contain growth factors and play a vital role in healing. They contain growth factors that stimulate cell reproduction and promote cell regeneration.
Preparing for your treatment – 1 week prior
- Discontinue use of glycolic, salicylic or retinol products
- Avoid unprotected or excessive sun exposure
- Consider prophylactic treatments if you are prone to viral breakouts (cold sores, etc). Discuss with your provider.
- Notify your provider of any blood-thinning medications (aspirin, coumadin, etc) and discontinue ibuprofen
What can I expect during the treatment?
The patient’s blood is obtained through a simple blood draw and spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the rest of the blood. This creates a concentrate known as platelet rich plasma. PRP is safe because the treatment uses the patient’s own blood.
A topical anesthetic cream is applied to make the treatment more tolerable and to make the patient feel less discomfort during the treatment. Our microneedling system vacuums up the skin to stabilize the microneedles for a more precise treatment. Ultra-fine needles puncture the skin and make numerous holes in the skins surface. Radiofrequency energy penetrates deeper into the skin causing a thermal effect. PRP is then applied to the skin and penetrates deeper into the holes caused by the microneedling. Your practitioner may apply a balm after the treatment to sooth or calm the skin.
What can I expect post-Treatment?
If you are doing PRP with your treatment, it’s best to leave the PRP on your skin for at least 8 hours. The next day you may cleanse your skin with a mild or approved cleanser. You may experience mild swelling, redness and bruising after the treatment which can last up to 3-5 days. You may also experience flaking and roughness during this time.
- Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness. (No Ibuprofen)
- Use a clean Pillowcase for at least 3 nights following the procedure.
- Do not expose your skin to steam, sun or harsh exfoliants for at least 1-2 weeks after treatment (If you are exposed to the sun, apply 30 spf every 2 hours)
- Do not do any strenuous activities that would cause you to sweat for at least 24 hours after treatment due to open pores (working out, saunas, hot tubs, hot showers)
- Resume regular skin care after 48 hours and any retinols after 72 hours
- Follow-ups are recommended every 4 weeks and 3-5 treatments are recommended for best results.
Who is not a candidate for Microneedling?
- Blood clotting conditions
- Active bacterial or fungal infections.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing.
Please contact us for Microneedling with RF and PRP.