What does an IPL laser do?
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a light energy which targets and accurately removes pigmented or damaged skin cells or follicles. Multiple wavelengths of light are pulsed onto the skin which heats the cells in the skin and breaks them down.
What does IPL treat?
- Hair Removal
- Pigmented lesions (sun damage, age spots, etc)
- Veins and capillaries
- Facial Redness (Rosacea)
- Skin Tone and Texture
If you are planning to have IPL treatments, speak to a professional about the potential benefits, side effects and complications.
Preparing for your treatment
- Avoid sunbathing and tanning beds 2-4 weeks (self-tanners for 1 week)
- Avoid Antibiotics for 2 weeks (Accutane for 4-6 months depending on physician approval)
- Avoid Chemical Peels for 2 weeks and stop retinols 1 week prior
- Collagen injections for at least 2 weeks
- Avoid wearing make-up, lotions, perfume, deodorant or oils to your appointment
- For Hair removal, shave the treated area within 24 hours prior to the appointment
What to expect during the treatment
Your provider may use a cooling or topical numbing agent to make your treatment more tolerable. A chilling gel is applied to the treated area and a handheld device will be applied to the skin to deliver the light therapy. During the procedure, you may feel a slight ‘pinching’ sensation, almost like an elastic band being ‘snapped’ against your skin.
What can I expect post-Treatment?
Immediately following the procedure, the skin may look slightly red or pink. It may be slightly swollen or inflamed. Some people may also notice a slight ‘stinging’ sensation. This lasts usually for between 4-6 hours. You may feel like you have a slight ‘sunburn’. Using a cool cloth or a cool pack (ice) on the area can help ease the stinging.
Some patients experience slight swelling, lasting for up to several days post-procedure. This is common and can be eased ‘again’ with a cool cloth or pack.
For 24 hours after the treatment:
- Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness. (No Ibuprofen)
- Do not expose your skin to steam, sun or harsh exfoliants for at least 1-2 weeks after treatment (If you are exposed to the sun, apply 30 spf every 2 hours)
- Do not do any strenuous activities that would cause you to sweat for at least 24 hours after treatment due to open pores (working out, saunas, hot tubs, hot showers)
- Resume regular skin care after 48 hours and any retinols after 72 hours
The length and number of sessions needed will depend on each individual’s treatment plan. It may take up to several weeks to notice the results of IPL treatment.
Please contact us for IPL Laser.
|Laser Treatment Prices||Hair Removal|
|Treatment Area||50% off Spa Prices||Single price|
|Abdomen||$ 1,200||$ 250|
|Areola||$ 450||$ 94|
|Lower Arms||$ 1,200||$ 250|
|Upper Arms||$ 1,200||$ 250|
|Full Arms||$ 1,420||$ 296|
|Lower Back||$ 1,420||$ 296|
|Upper Back||$ 1,420||$ 296|
|Full Back||$ 1,700||$ 354|
|Bikini Line||$ 550||$ 115|
|Ext. Bikini||$ 750||$ 156|
|Brazilian||$ 1,000||$ 208|
|Buttocks||$ 1,000||$ 208|
|Chest||$ 1,240||$ 258|
|Chin||$ 450||$ 94|
|Lip||$ 450||$ 94|
|Side of Face||$ 550||$ 115|
|Full Face||$ 1,130||$ 235|
|Happy Trail||$ 550||$ 115|
|Lower Legs||$ 1,420||$ 296|
|Upper Legs||$ 1,600||$ 333|
|Full Legs||$ 2,550||$ 531|
|Neckline||$ 860||$ 179|
|Shoulders||$ 860||$ 179|
|Small Area||$ 450||$ 94|
|Underarms||$ 550||$ 115|