Dr Mullen has many patients who come to Seattle Wellness Programs due to fatigue or have been diagnosed with “chronic fatigue syndrome” and have never had a physician find the underlying cause or “obstacle to cure” so they have suffered for years without any change or hope for change and cure. Please make an appointment soon; bring any pertinent labs, medication list and all previous therapeutic trials and results.
Lifestyle factors. Feelings of fatigue often have an obvious cause, such as:
- Lack of sleep- Research shows that we need at least 7 hours for optimum healthand healing. There are many biological functions that are required to heal thattake place while we sleep.
- Alcohol- While a drink does make us “unwind” in the long term it adds todepression and fatigue.
- Lack of exercise- Moving daily is the subject of a lot of new research and thefacts are in that a daily walk at a brisk pace -1 mile in 20 minutes- will energizeyour life.
Psychological conditions. Fatigue is a common symptom of mental healthproblems, such as:
Low thyroid- Hypothyroidism is the under functioning of the active T3 . The othersymptoms of low thyroid are:
- Cold intolerance
- Loss of hair
- Brain fog
- Skin changes- dry or puffy skin
- Thirsty or salt cravings
- Slowed heart beat and pulse